Wednesday 24 October 2012

What a difference embellishments make!

My sister-in-law has gone back to Johannesburg but her influence lives on here in East Yorkshire. While she was here she said she would like a big bag to take to retreats that she helps run. I had a bag that I had made but not sold and she said it was just what she wanted but it looked very plain; not the bag of an artistic person at all! Well, she got to work, going through my scrap drawer and button tin and, with a little hard work, the bag was transformed!

This is what it looked like before she went to work:

Some scraps in toning fabrics were found and yo-yo's of different sizes made. Several buttons later and the bag took on a new look:


Here is a close-up of my sister-in-law's handiwork:


Oops - another photograph on its side! But you can get the idea. What a difference embellishments make!

No comments:

Post a Comment