Friday 10 August 2012

Bags as gifts

At last I've completed the projects I've been busy with - the Olympics allowing, of course!

I made a drawstring gift bag for a colleague's birthday. I included some goodies inside the bag and she was pleased with her gift. Everything for the bag came from my stash: curtain fabric I was given for the outer bag; lining I had; felt I've had for ages. The little buttons in the centre of each flower have been in my button box for many years! I think I bought them about 40 years ago, so they must be vintage. They have obviously been waiting to be used on this bag as they match one of the colours perfectly. I made the drawstrings from the outer fabric using my bias tape maker.

My great niece is getting married next month. Although she has lived in the UK for over ten years, she loves her South African roots so I've made her a tote bag using fabric from the Safari Nights range. I hope she will like it. I used some scraps of the fabric to make two mug rugs for her as well. They are rather bright and turquoise but she does have a turquoise wall in her tiny apartment, so I think she likes the colour!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, what great projects you've made. I especially love the mug rugs. I'm sure your great niece would love it.

    ReplyDelete