Sunday 27 May 2012

Why bags?

About five years ago we were considering the possibility of moving from a four bedroomed rectory into much smaller retirement accommodation. I mentioned that my one regret would be that I would have to get rid of my big Bernina sewing machine which is in a cabinet. My son said it wouldn't matter as I hardly ever used it. Ha!! My husband gave me the Bernina for my 20th birthday and it had been my faithful sewing companion for over 40 years; I decided to show my son a piece of sewing or two! I wanted to make myself a hat to wear in the sun so went to buy a pattern. As I looked through the relevant section of a pattern book I came across a pattern for tote bags and thought, 'I can make one of those.' I bought the pattern and made my first bag and, as they say, the rest is history. I still haven't made myself a hat, though! I also still have my Bernina as we moved into another four bedroomed rectory!

No comments:

Post a Comment